That was a question that a Denver Fan asked me (knowing that I wasn't from Colorado) at one of my first events as a Cheerleader. I knew that she wasn't really talking about the actual thunder so I told her that I wasn't really sure and asked, "What is the Denver Thunder"? She told me that it was the constant roar at Invesco Field on gameday. Yesterday I experienced the "Denver Thunder" for the first time as a fan, it was awesome!
I really thought that I would show up and see all of my girls on the field, have a minor breakdown and eventually be restrained for trying to jump on to the field to join in. But, T.J. got lucky. No breakdown, no attempt to jump the railing and not even one little tear. It is a totally different experience being in the stands with all of the die hard fans and I loved every minute of it. I didn't think that it would be easy to move on from something that I have loved so much for 6 years but it's so comforting to know that I made the right decision to hang up the old dancing shoes, or cowboy boots - whatever!
I really thought that I would show up and see all of my girls on the field, have a minor breakdown and eventually be restrained for trying to jump on to the field to join in. But, T.J. got lucky. No breakdown, no attempt to jump the railing and not even one little tear. It is a totally different experience being in the stands with all of the die hard fans and I loved every minute of it. I didn't think that it would be easy to move on from something that I have loved so much for 6 years but it's so comforting to know that I made the right decision to hang up the old dancing shoes, or cowboy boots - whatever!
Yep, this is the best I could get of T.J. and I. He loves pictures!
Broncos intros. "Bring 'em out, bring 'em out, bring 'em out"!
My favorite part, the National Anthem. Before the game they had us stand and say the Pledge of Allegience, I love all things patriotic! T.J. looked at me and said "what would Obama do?". I had to laugh!
They had a B-2 fly over. It's cool to think that I've been in one and might have known those pilots!
My girlies doin' their thing. You guys looked awesome!

11 comments:
T.J. looks stunning in that first picture. Looks like you need to hang that one in the front room! Good to know that the breakdown didn't happen. I was really wondering how you would feel. I would like you to know that I've felt the Denver thunder. It might be a little more fun sitting by you next time though.
So you just decided you were done cheering? Well this is time for you to get pregers!!(pregnant)Looks way fun even from the stands, I couldn't even imagine how awesome it was on the field SEXY GIRLIE!!!
oh sad:( well start makin little babies that you can teach to dance! (ya hear that tj) make little embo and terence's! anyways, how fun. ashlee is coming to a game this weekend with her bf and his family and she i scared to death cuz she has never flown but now she is a die hard fan she is braving it! maybe she'll luck out and see ya! loves
Honey..... WOW.. No wonder you didn't anwser when I called you! Now you are in my boat finally. I hung up those dancin shoes years ago. Now you need some baby shoes! Call me I miss you doll. LOVEYOU
How fun! I bet it's nice to live in a state that actually has a football team... unlike utah!
Hey Emily,
I'm sure your looking at this and wondering who I am. I am Vardell Curtis' daughter, and also married TJ's mom's cousin Curtis Graff. We have been to a Bronco's game each year for the past 2 yrs. We love Invesco field! How do you like Denver?
I'm glad that you weren't too sad. I stopped dancing about 8 months ago. I didn't start really missing it until about month 6 though. But then, I try and do one dance class and remember how hard it is, and I'm reminded of why I stopped. But it will always be fun to watch. It looks like it was a fun game.
Looks like fun!! MAybe someday TJ will like pictures more!! haha good luck with that one! Well you look cute anyway!
Okay... so I now realize that I have no clue what you have been up to since Jazz. Were you a NFL Cheerleader? Sorry, but I am a little out of the loop. Also how were you able to fly in a jet? When I posted that picture of Tigger and Sweden, I thought about you and your dogs. Soon you will have one in each carseat. Then if you have more kids....you'll just have to get more dogs!!!!
i can't imagine how fun that was for you. although...i have horrible stage fright so i don't think that i would ever want to imagine being in front of that many people. oooh, i get nervous just typing about it. so, what do you do now? you said on my blog that you do something with health and fitness.
I could never do anything in front of 10 people let alone all of these thousands! I think it is so awesome that you did and can't imagine how fun it was for you! You are an amazing dancer, I loved when I saw you at the Jazz games out there lookin all cute. Why did you give it up and what are you doing now?
Post a Comment