Okay, so if you know me, you know that I'm a total animal lover! The kind of person that is sad to see a dead little prairie dog on the side of the street - even if he was too stupid to move before the car ran him over. The person that cries when animals get killed in movies - kill all the people you want but leave the animals alone! T.J. actually had to pause 8 degrees because I couldn't pull it together after the old dog couldn't break through his leash to get away with the other dogs! Yes, pathetic but that's who I am. I especially love dogs so of course I would have some of my own and they are hands down (I am willing to go down throwing punches if you disagree with me) the best dogs (kids) in the whole entire world! And... if you don't like dogs, we probably can't be friends - fair warning.
I got Biggie while I was still in college. She is my little princess! I got Harley as a "moving away from all family and friends to go live in Fort Morgan (where?) Colorado" present. He has one floppy ear and as soon as I saw his picture on the Internet it was love at first sight - no going back. He will always be my best Internet purchase! They get presents for just about every major holiday but not just from me, but from the "grandparents" as well. Yeah, their spoiled but until we have babies and maybe even after that, that's how it will stay!
I got Biggie while I was still in college. She is my little princess! I got Harley as a "moving away from all family and friends to go live in Fort Morgan (where?) Colorado" present. He has one floppy ear and as soon as I saw his picture on the Internet it was love at first sight - no going back. He will always be my best Internet purchase! They get presents for just about every major holiday but not just from me, but from the "grandparents" as well. Yeah, their spoiled but until we have babies and maybe even after that, that's how it will stay!
Of course, they both want the same toy at the same time.
"Now what do we do"?
So much for making the bed!
Whitney, does this "dog blanket" look familiar?
I call this - Biggie's mugshot. Doesn't she look guilty of something?
I tried to get some pictures of the dogs for Christmas cards a couple of years ago so I wanted to put them in Christmas gear (I'm really not the type to dress up my dogs but I thought it would make for a festive picture). Didn't work. Harley thought that he was being punished every time I put anything on his head and would go straight to his room. I caught this shot right before he made a run for it.
Biggie acted totally bored the entire time and was all but excited about the "photo shoot". Needless to say, they didn't end up in their costumes.

19 comments:
sweet lil poochies :)
I love dogs and maybe someday I will get one when I stop having babies and my kids can help take care of it.
ha these dogs are freakin cute. i can totally remember when you got biggie!Lol and you brought him to st george on your front seat. it seems so normal now but at the time i thought,what the hell is em doing! hahaha. you are a good mommy.
You are so funny! I had no idea! I've been trying to talk Todd into getting a bulldog, but so far, no luck.
OMG!!!! As I read through your blog, I totally missed you. It has been a long long time. What are you up to? Are you working? Your dogs are soooo cute. Scotland (my 3 year old) thinks that they should come play with our puppy tigger. Well keep in touch....it's fun to see what your up to. take care.
Meghann
I love you and love that you love your babies! But tell T it's time gor the real thing!! LOL
So cute! But mine are better ;). Our little dogs are totally our kids and we love them to death. Clyde is talking to them in the other room right now. haha I love that they do the same things our dogs do!
cute kids, at least mine don't poop on the ground, k maybe sometimes they do, lol, totally joking...
Cute kids!!!But I want to see some babies out of you and TJ,get on it girlie. Those doggies will be jealous just for a sec. when that happens...We have two dogs but they love there dad, they are heelers (cow dogs)ya I know my husband is a cowboy if ya didn't know. They live over to the feild, basically my side yard. Dixie and Spitz nice names huh!!? They are the best dogs and great with my kids we love em!!
I love princess and Har! I didn't see anything about me on this post about how Biggie wouldn't have survived during college without me! Poor baby is only alive because I took care of her and loved her. I love my little niece and nephew. Wish my kids could be there to maul them.
oh I love the floppy ear! very cute
Emily, it's your cousin Rick! Do you like Deer as much as you like dogs? Check out the video on my blog, no crying, that deer had it coming ;)
http://www.sollisrules.blogspot.com
Oh little precious babies! We had a little Boston Terrier, Roxy, before the babe, and she was our little princess. Truly, she was our kid, but when I got pregnant, we knew she would be too rambunctious for a baby. So, sadly, we had to find a new family for her. I think she's happier though because she actually gets to sleep with them in their bed every night.
there is a little thing you can click on my blog and it gives you steps to do it! it was easier then i thought! you can call me and i will help if you need:-) loves
Thanks...you are too nice. I still feel like a cow. She is 2 1/2 months old....so I feel like I should be smaller than I am. When are you guys having kids??? I like the Idea of just having dogs....at least you don't have to lose the baby weight;) However, kids are such a blessing. I can't even imagine life without them. I know that you LOVE your dogs, but they will be put on the back burner once you have little babies. Hard to imagine huh!!!! You will have to dress your kids as cute as your dogs. Maybe you can do matching outfits. I love their little hats. Too funny!!!
Okay....Em...I thought I was the only psycho one about my dogs! We freakin' celebrate their birthdays! ha ha ha...we usually get Mexican takeout (get it? chihuahuas...) and eat it in front of them. But they get gifts and lots of treats on their special day! We seriously act like we have 4 kids! If I am not holding Jake, I am holding a dog.
But I also cried in 8 Below. It was too sad. And I cry when I see roadkill too!
Biggie and Harley are so cute! I totally remember when you first got Biggie! And yes...those free Jazz blankets totally come in handy! Dexter has figured out that Jake always has a blanket...so he tries to get sneak in and cuddle with him. It is the cutest! Sometimes he even goes as far as trying to nudge Jake out of the way so he can have the entire blanket to himself!
Just like kids, fighting over the same toy. I love the picture of them in your bed, so cute!
I love your little babies. They are so cute!!
i totally hear you on that one. that movie was way sad! our pets/kids are so spoiled too. they get presents on holidays as well.
Post a Comment