Monday, August 18, 2008

...In what? Competitive eating?

So if you are like most of the world, you are absolutely glued to the T.V. watching the Olympics, I am definitely no exception. These Olympians are absolutely incredible. I cry during just about every event because these people are just so inspiring! So I was watching an interview from one of our female triathloners (I know that's not a word but you get it right?) and she was saying that she competed in her first triathlon just 4 years ago and now she is competing in the Olympics! Seriously... crazy right? So I said to T.J. "I want to be an Olympian" knowing that this was a ridiculous comment but thinking of how cool it would be to compete for your country and inspire so many people, etc, etc,etc. His reply was, "In what? Competitive eating?" Don't feel bad, if all went as planned, he still has a bruise on his arm. Now, it's no secret, this girl can eat but I just don't need to be harassed about it! So sadly to say, I won't ever be an Olympian but I will always watch with complete respect and admiration for all of these athletes and I'll definitely be sad when the games are all over. Good thing football starts soon (pre-season doesn't count, it sucks!) and even better... it's fantasy football time people! Waaaa Whoooo!

13 comments:

Erica said...

Freaking competitive eating. What the heck is wrong with that? I love watching the whole hot dog eating contest on ESPN. They should have it be in the olympics. I'll practice with you. Loves ya

Kat said...

K I am sorry but that is so funny!! I'm pretty sure I could give you a run for you money...difference is you are a work out machine and I'm not! I would love for you to kick my trash one day at the gym, I know nothing about those machines!

Mel said...

Emily! Did you know I was stalking your blog? haha Anyway, I read this one and couldn't walk away without commenting. I will help you train for competitive eating. As long as we are in the brownies event. I think we'd do pretty awesome. I miss you!

Nadine said...

haha...you still look skinny though. you definitely deserve a medal for that, right.

Bobbi Simkins said...

I'm obsessed with the Olympics too! I usually don't turn the TV on much myself, except for now. They are so inspiring to me. It makes me want to go out and be more athletic and have a sexy body with no fat like all of them!

Ashley said...

EW if I were only there to deck TJ with ya!! I love you and Jared is so jealous that you love fantasy football you two should be married. HA HA . miss you doll face!

MiCheLLe HeidEmaN said...

ya reece is glued, i try watchin but the kids are to busy to sit down... and although i can remember you eatin your far share of cereal and cheese, your more in shape then any of us:-) so eat away my friend!!! love ya

The Foisy's said...

He he, if you're such a big eater, where the heck do you put it? You are a work out queen so of course you eat a lot. Whenever I worked out, I always ate more. I'm jealous you can eat so much and look gorgeous doing it!

Chante said...

Wow girl, your every guys dream, football, fantasy football! I'm impressed! My hubby is into all of that and I just have no clue! Good luck in becoming an olympian!!!

scott and melanie said...

You look like you eat like a bird! Come on!! I wish I could eat like you and have your rockin' body!!! I wish you lived her you could be my personal trainer. When you come to town you will have to trian me. your skills!Scott sucks to he can eat whatever he wants. Maybe one day he will get chubby like his sexy wife. Thats what kids do.(nice excuse.)I have lots of them!

Mik'L said...

I have been obsessed with the Olympics! Clyde thinks I will get a gold medal for watching so much! It's a good thing they only happen every 4 years.

Ashley said...

I am waiting to see something beside the competitive eating... Come on already! Carly is finding out bout thriller.... Love you doll face!

Steve and Whitney Mortenson said...

Yay Em! I saw your blog from Ashley's! Guess it's called "Blog-stalking" ha ha ha...but I didn't think you would mind! Anyway...I miss you mad crazy! You are the cutest!!! Hope things are going well for you! Are you back in Utah?