This Thanksgiving was super relaxing for us. I actually cooked for just the two of us. Before you throw up in your mouth at the thought let me tell you that it was pretty darn good! The turkey was the same disgusting process as last time but apparently good, the homemade rolls actually turned out, my sweet potato casserole was flippin' sweet (not that I let anyone but myself have any), and neither of us ate ourselves into a coma. I'd call that a success!
My gym was closed for the holiday but I taught a class at 6:00 a.m. for all the crazies that hate to have to miss a workout day, especially on a 3000-5000 caloric intake day! I hate to teach class that early because I can barely walk let alone plan, execute and cue a workout but it was well wort it. We completely fogged over the mirrors in the first 30 minutes. I'd say we all sweat a good 1-2 pounds off by the end!
I participated in the madness which is "Black Friday" and to my delight had a pretty layed back shopping experience. I went with my friend Shannon and we were both a little worried about the crowd situation. Shannon just made sure that I had enough money to bail her out of jail in case things got crazy. She kind of has a temper - that's what I love about her!
Saturday was dedicated to our pathetic attemp at Christmas decorations. We got this little tree the first Christmas we were married and It makes me smile! It's shorter than I am and somewhat sad looking. It's sad to say that this might be this little guys last year since some of his braches have gone limp. Here's to you, Charlie Brown Christmas tree.
(Is it not normal to have Pioneer Plasma boxes in every nook and cranny of your house?)
My mother-in-laws creation. She gave this to us a few years ago. She is amazing, this picture really doesn't do it justice. Poor T.J. went from extravagant to Charlie Brown. Whata ya do?
Harley is dying to pee on each and every one of those boxes. Just hope that your gift is not under the tree yet!
Fitness Challenge update:
They did it - total sweep!
My kind of card. Short and sweet!






13 comments:
I am so proud of you! Who knew you were a amazing little chef! I am so jealous that I didn't get to shop with you! I love and miss you doll! I so wish we could spend the holidays together!
kick ass trainer sounds good right about now...
and dont tell me you already have christmas present wrapped?!!! dang.
good job on the cooking. I tried it this year too, but I had a lot of help from Mark and I was still frazzled!
Well my little domestic goddess sister. I still for the 30th year in a row have gotten out of cooking a turkey. I'm so proud of you for cooking an entire meal by yourself. I loves ya!
Ah, come on just try the juicy turkey!! It's tasty! Just kidding. I think I could be a vegetarian, but I do like chicken, turkey, steak... Okay maybe I couldn't. Love the tree!! Totally Charlie Brown. K, you live in Colorado, go cut one from the back yard! I wish I would have been in your class sweating with you!
You rock...teaching a class on Thanksgiving, now that is dedication!
I don't know whether to say congrats on the meal...or tell you you are crazy. I think you are nuts on so may levels with this post. Cooking...working out!!! Just kidding. I only wish that I was as in kick ass shape like you. It sounds like you had a fun relaxing time. I miss you.
I'm so proud of your teams for making the sweep! Guess passing out was worth it. I can't wait to see you next week!!! YAY!
I'm proud of you for cooking a turkey! And you made homemade rolls too? I'm impressed. Good job!
Of course your team swept everyone. Even your Christmas tree got in the spirit of the competition and got skinny for you :)
I love the Charlie Brown! That is how I totally feel nad everyone else seems to decorate so good! I have to say I am impressed that you made all of that, especially the turkey. I will die happy if I never have to prepare and make a turkey.
I love the tree and my dog corndog would be dying to pee on a present too. I wish I lived closer so you could whip my butt into shape. I didn't even know that there was a 6 am anymore. I thought they did away with that hour after Pantheras. LOL ya I am lazy. Well keep posting about your crazy workout schedules cause it does motivate me.....a little.
Hey there! It is so good to meet up with you, at least over the internet. What is your e-mail address? I am going private with mine!
Post a Comment