Last Friday was my sisters 30th birthday and she said that all she wanted from me was to go and visit so that I could "mourn" this "awful" day will her. Since I'm the best sister in the world (and missed her like crazy) I obliged. We had an absolute blast but like always it went way too fast!
We went to Nauvoo and Carthage while I was there. I'm sure that my sister is so sick of going because she ends up taking just about everyone that goes to visit.
We started at the Carthage Jail and it was neat because we were the only ones there so we watched the movie about Joseph Smith's life all by ourselves and then I ended up touring the jail alone with a sister missionary. The whole experience was incredible and I'm so glad that she was willing to take me.
This is us right outside of the jail. You can tell by Cael's face that it's about nap time.
We were driving through Nauvoo and my sister saw this little carriage, turned the car around and made me get in for a picture. I was pretty sure that it would crumble under our weight at any second but it was still standing when we left.
By the time we got back to the temple, the kids needed some serious z's and were just plain fussy so I just hurried and grabbed Hunter out of his seat and snuck a quick picture.
The big day. My sister actually made her own birthday cake but I have to admit that I was tricked. She said that she wanted to take a quick nap while the kids were asleep. Well I dose off for hours like a moron and wake up to her making her own birthday dinner and cake. I think I get the sister of the year award but the cake was dang good!
Saturday we went shopping and Cody went hunting. Cody had something to greet us with when we got home from our retail therapy - Bambi. Poor little Bambi. The only thing worse than seeing that poor little deer in the back of their truck was seeing it skinned and hanging from their back porch.
Silly little Cael - I just love this picture!
So before you look at the next picture you have to know the background. Last year I was at Krumpets with my mom and I saw this creepy little doll. I pointed to it and told my mom that the doll had to be evil. She then told me not to tell that to my sister because it was one of the gifts that my sister had wanted for her birthday. So of course I had to call my sister and warn her about her evil birthday present to be and we've laughed about it ever since. Well throughout my stay, this freaky little doll greeted me almost everyday.
I was ready to get in bed one night and here it was waiting for me.
As I went to zip up my bag I saw these two little feet hanging out of the bottom of my bag, opened it up and there she was.
-Notice the creeper in the background-
Happy 30th Birthday Deaner! I love ya!





11 comments:
I had such a great time. I just miss you so much already! The boys still run downstairs to see if you're still here. If I didn't love you so much, I wouldn't miss you so much. What's a girl to do? You made my birthday perfect! Loves ya
what a great sis you are!
I need to go to those church sites...
but by the look of things we just might end up close to them ourselves.
Your sis and I might be neighbors...sort of.
What a fun time for you two! Sister bonding is the best!
That doll is super creepy!! haha
Your nephews are potentially the most gorgeous little boys I've ever seen. So cute!!
You two are so cute! That would suck living so far away from each other. I'm glad you had a fun time with those cute lil' boys and your sis.
I am so glad you got to spend the big 30 with Erica. You are so lucky to have a sister! You two are darling! Love you
P.S. Love the gray vest from Arden almost bought it but I got the gold one instead. GREAT minds think alike!
That doll is hilarious! I was seriously laughing how it so "randomly" showed up in so many places! Too funny!
uh i agree the doll is super creepy! i am glad you guys gotta hang out. mandy didn't even want her 30th talked about!lol we just kinds skipped it all together:) hope you guys get to see eachother soon! hope i get to see you sometime, will you be here for christmas at all? loves
Yeah that dolls isn't exactly the cutest thing I have ever seen! When I went out to Ohio to see my sister we went to Kirtland and I LOVED it, it is so awesome to see all those things and places. What a fun birthday for you sis=)
Ha, you guys are so funny and yes that doll is super creepy! She wanted that for her birthday? I hope that little shelf is it's permanent home! Did you check your bags when you got home, or your bed? Just kidding! You guys are cute. I would die being that far from my sis, but hey, you get some good traveling in!
Em - How fun that you could spend time with Erica - to help her mourn the passing of her 20's. The pictures are so cute. Love the doll pics - pretty funny. I love to see the close relationship that you and Erica have. Doesn't get any better.
Post a Comment