Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Old Fashioned Christmas

This year we spent Christmas with my mom and grandpa in Idaho. This is where I spent most of my Christmases growing up and it was so fun to be there again. We didn't fly in until Christmas eve and then left the day after, short but very sweet.




On Christmas the wind blew (blew shutters off the house) and it snowed all day knocking out the satellite and even the basic cable channels. So we played games, watched movies and didn't even leave the house, not like we could have even if we wanted to, seriously! I got T.J. all to myself (no Xbox, he did have a PSP but apparently he can't play football an entire day like he can Gears of War) so what else could a girl ask for!







My best friend Ashley met us at Cafe Rio (had to get our fix) on our way to the airport. Super quick but so good to get a quick hug and see little Zaida!

13 comments:

Ashley said...

I love love love you!
The picture of you, grandpa and your mom is my favorite!

A said...

That sounds like a great way to spend christmas! Is there a Cafe Rio in Idaho?? You look great like always and your friend's lil girl is gorgeous!

Nadine said...

i had hoped for a white christmas, no-go though. your christmas looked so nice. freezing but nice to be with family and great that you didn't have to share tj with the xbox. :)

scott and melanie said...

I'm glad TJ looks like Scott never smiling in any picture. Nice,looks like you had fun. Looks to cold for me.

Erica said...

I wish that we could have been there with you guys. I missed you so much. Ashley's little girl is such a little muffin! She for sure needs to marry Cael.

MiCheLLe HeidEmaN said...

your grandpa still looks as cute as ever:) i swear he never changes! glad you had a merry christmas

Jody said...

Looks so fun. I can't believe all the snow! Cute pics with your mom, too.

Bobbi Simkins said...

we had a white christmas too! i wish the power would have gone out for us. i didn't see much of luke since him and his brothers decided to play halo most of the day. drives me crazy! is your mom divorced?

Kat said...

How in the heck is T.J in just a short sleeve shirt?! And little Zaida is beautiful!

Mel said...

Sounds like a nice little Christmas- minus the wind! Happy New Year Em!

Stacey Sargent said...

what a fun snowy Christmas! I love you and ash! I miss the jazz days!

Jeri said...

I felt so bad that I didn't get to see you when you were at Grandpa's for Christmas. We were snowed in until the evening of Dec. 26. Since you were here, you know how deep the snow was. :) Glad you and TJ made it home safely. Miss you!

THE WOODWORTHS said...

What a great Christmas. I'm glad you made it to Idaho. I miss you. Come visit me :)