Friday, January 30, 2009

I'm the CHAMPION and it tastes so good!

Every year my sister, mom and I have a competition to see who can buy the first Cadbury egg of the season and I'm proud to say that after a 3 year losing streak I am once again the champion!

I was at the store buying junk (sorry Erica) for my nephews for Valentines (that's what aunts are for right?) and I'm walking up and down the endless rows of candy (junk) when lo and behold... I struck creamy, milk chocolaty gold! I had to pinch myself to make sure I was not dreaming, buy as many as I could without running into any of my clients, find a private place (which happened to be in my car in the parking lot) and indulge - mmmmmm.
So now I gladly accept the title - 2009 Cadbury Egg Champion!

14 comments:

Courtney said...

That's a fun competition. Way to go!

A said...

Oh that is seriously so funny. I hate those darn Cadbery eggs! Glad you guys love them and have a fun little game to look forward to each year. How in the world are those things out already anyway? It's not even freaking Feb yet!

Rob said...

If you are 2008 champion then I'm guessing the 2009 trophy is still up for grabs? ;)

Emily Harper said...

CRAP! No I meant 2009... I am so smart, I am so smart - SMRT, SMRT

Chante said...

Those seriously were a delicacy growing up and I had to have one if not more for Easter. Funny you guys have a competition!

Matt & Candice said...

love them! I do want to go to Chicago, should we get tickets?

MiCheLLe HeidEmaN said...

ha i totally remember you loving these and i think they are disgusting. i am pretty sure you almost broke up with me for hating them;) glad you got your first fix of the year!

Erica said...

You won this year, you will not be so lucky next. I still haven't gotten my hands on those things yet. I seriously went into Wal-Mart - nothing! Walgreen - sold out! What the heck, who seriously sells out of easter candy in February? I mean honestly. Someone heard about our contest and bought out all the eggs at Walgreens. Who seriously goes to Walgreens just to buy Cadbury eggs? Oh, wait, losers like me! You won this year little sister, but you will not be so lucky again. p.s. thanks for sending me some! Could I ask for a better sis?!

The Crane Family said...

Congratulations! It's about time you posted something new! :)

Ashley said...

Yay! I am so proud!! Love you doll and thanks for voting for me. tell your mom and sis to vote too! HAHA

scott and melanie said...

NASTY!!! I hate those things. At least you won. Like your skinny buns needs to hide.

Eli McQueen said...

Oh Emily! You make me laugh!!

The Foisy's said...

That is funny! K, I love those things. Please tell me you ate it!!! Yummy!

jaesi said...

Im offended you think candy is junk....;)

Have you tried the orange and creme ones? mmm...
but orginial is still best.