Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Mullets and Girls

Last weekend my gym had our "fitness competition" for our spring 2009 fitness challenge and my team rocked the house. This is my second team in a row that is and will blow away the competition. Our team "uniforms" were these sweet little mullets and let me tell you, they were awesome. I seriously looked like Joe Dirt, good thing I was too busy to make the pic.


Then Saturday night we finally had a much overdue girls night. Dinner and movie, nothing fancy but if it were up to me it would have been take-out and Blockbuster. (I'll get to more of that later) We saw "He's just not that into you" - cute and recommended.

Jenn and Josh just bought a new house so I stopped by to see it - darling! Congratulations guys! How cute is her belly!?!



Figures that the only picture of all of us would turn out blurry but you get the idea.

I wish that my popcorn was not the size of a small child but...
Jenn and I spent more on our movie treats than both of our meals at dinner combined. Oops! (Jenn, your welcome for not posting our "fat kid" picture)




Mel getting down with her ice cream sandwich. Just one of the many reasons I love that girl.
So, I haven't been to a movie (okay 1) since we moved to Colorado 4 years ago and didn't go to many in Utah (except for Lord of the Rings, which we would actually go to on opening night (all 3). Does that make us lame? Not to mention I would kill for a #4.)
Anyhow, I totally remembered why I don't go to movies...
#1 The lady in front of you that turns around and asks you to stop kicking her seat.
What am I? A 12 year old? I wasn't kicking your seat you old bag and maybe if you weren't so dang rude you could have gotten someone to go to the movie with instead of sitting by your stupid self - I hate rude people. She totally ruined my night and that happened before the movie even started. At home the only rude person I would have to deal with is T.J. and I'll kick his seat as much as I want to.
#2 My sciatic nerve in my right leg started hurting halfway through the movie and I couldn't even shift around to try to make it stop in fear that I would "kick the seat" in front of me. At home I would be in a theater chair with a blanket and I could move around at my leisure.
#3 I cried. I hate to cry in public or private for that matter and so I did that stupid thing where you try not to cry and then you just get a sore throat and a headache (I know you know what I'm talking about). Idiot, just cry. I had a headache the whole way home. At home I would cry, T.J. would pause the movie so that I could pull myself together - no headache!
#4 I was wearing jeans. Of course I was wearing jeans, why not? I spend a small fortune on jeans but it turns out that I hate wearing them. I work in sweats, I lounge in sweats and let's face it, sometimes I go out to eat in sweats. Jeans and I - not so good of friends. And after a full meal, a giant bag of popcorn, peanut M&M's and sour watermelon I was bursting at the seams. The only thing that made me feel better was leaving the theatre and noticing that Mel had her button undone - HA! I don't even need to tell you what I'd be wearing at home - okay you guessed it, sweats.
#5 Last but not least, you feel like you might get shot for getting up to go to the bathroom. Heaven forbid someone might have to pee in the next 110 minutes! At home, you can pee at will.

This all, however, did not take away from how great it was to see everyone! Love you girls!

13 comments:

Erica said...

What can I say? Those are some seriously cute pictures. Looks like you had so much fun with your friends. How funny that you sat behind the crabby old lady without a date. Maybe you'd be crabby too if you went to a movie by yourself and a bunch of hot girls came and sat behind you with all their popcorn and candy. Were you eating loudly also? Hey, Jenn's shirt is so cute! Where the heck does she find her maternity clothes. I'm suffering out here in corn country. I love you, and wish we could go to the movie together.

Becky said...

I am with you on the Jeans...not only do I hate wearing them I can't find any that will stay on...every kind I get fall down and it's not because I'm so skinny...my body is just not made for them, whether it's the low rise or the belly button waisted...sigh...bring on the sweats!

MiCheLLe HeidEmaN said...

lol you crack me up! wait til you have babies and can't go to the movies:) you will miss tight pants and crabby women! and i promise i pee at least twice everytime i go to the movie, i could be the jumbo soda i get but i am not sure! and why isn't it socially acceptable to wear sweats every wear we go yet? we should start the movement:)

THE WOODWORTHS said...

First off thank you for not posting our fat kid photo. That night was so fun though. Also the next day I was craving some of those watermelon sour patch kids...to bad I ate them ALL the night before. Best $18.50 I ever spent :)

Mel said...

So I was reading #4 and before I got to the end I thought to myself, "Man, I hate jeans too. I always end up having to unbutton them because I'm such a fat kid." and then I read the end. Haha I had completely forgotten!! The picture of me about to make love to my cookie mixed with that- I am a winner! It was SO good to see you. I miss your face and hope I get to see you again soon

Ashley said...

How fun? I have the prettiest best friend in the whole world! Be glad you weren't with me cause the hag in front of you would have recieved some nasty words from me!
love you call me tomorrow!!

scott and melanie said...

I feel your pain.Lol! That's why we have our own movie theatre in our house. Sometimes I want to scream cause Scott lives in there. I call it his girlfriend, nice huh?

The Sjoblom Family said...

you are too funny. I totally have to agree. However, a movie night (adults only) sounds great to me.

Kat said...

I am with you on all 5 of those! Way more comfortable in the comfort of your own house where you can wear what you want and do as you please!

The Foisy's said...

Yeah, like Michelle said, once you have the kiddies you won't be going to the movies and you can hang out in your sweats as much as you want! I hate that lady too! Ugh,what a hooker!

Jeri said...

Emily, you are a HOOT! Loved your comments about the movie. I feel your pain. Also, I can identify about wearing levis, but then I'm a chunky grandma. I live in sweats!
The picture of Harley and Biggie at the top of your blog is adorable!

Nadine said...

haha...i totally agree with #3. we are red box folk over here. you cant beat 99cent rentals. and plus, you don't have to be on time, you don't have to look all cute, and you can get into a comfy postition. nice.

John and Mikelle Hafen said...

fun girls night! i am with ya, on the comforts of home, why, i'm cozy in my sweats right now!!