Sunday, August 30, 2009

water world and speeding tickets

A couple of weeks ago I went to water world for the first time with a couple of friends. It was so much fun aside from the fact that I totally got peer pressured into going on some of the slides. We laughed so hard all day that my abs were sore for a week.
They have a ton of slides that have huge tubes that you can down in together. Well, the limit for each tube was either 5 kids or 3 adults but who really pays attention to the limits right? We shoved all 4 of us in the tube every time. This worked for most of the slides except for one. We actually beached ourselves. The slide kind of turns into a lazy river for awhile and we apparently exceeded the weight limit because we caused a huge back up. We couldn't stop laughing but the people behind us didn't think it was too funny.

I went to Denver with my friend Shannon to shop this week and right as we are getting into Denver her radar starts screaming and then we saw this little jerk...


We knew we really were going way over the speed limit so we weren't surprised that he caught us but I couldn't help but get my camera out and take some pictures. We were watching him in his car trying to decide if he was going to give us a warning or a ticket.


You can't really see the cop car in this picture but he's there and yes he was writing a ticket - jerk!


Shannon with the cop.
We were laughing so hard by the time he got back up to our car that the $97 ticket didn't sting so bad. Not the best way to start off the day but we had a blast!

5 comments:

MiCheLLe HeidEmaN said...

only you would take a picture of someone gettin pulled over!lol thats great! i want to got to a water park;( i am jealous

THE WOODWORTHS said...

I love that the cop is posed in the picture...that is classic! How's the packing going?

Bobbi Simkins said...

the waterpark sounds like a blast! i miss wet n wild!

Mel said...

Haha I love every part of this story! So funny the cop posed for the pic. You guys probably made his day. Did they not let you cram into one for the Egyptian ride? Because we almost got in trouble for trying to cram an extra onto our tube for that one. I'm sorry I missed your going away bash :(

Anonymous said...

How is the move going??? I'm so excited for you to be close to your family, but am feeling sad that you're leaving CO!

Sorry for missing the last hoorah!
xoxo
Candice