Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Idaho

A couple of weeks ago I went to Idaho with my mom and step dad to see my grandpa. I hadn't seen him since last Christmas so it was a long overdue visit!
It just so happened to be branding weekend as well. I've been up there when my grandpa has branded for most of my life but the older I get, the more I hate it!
We went out early to load up the calves and bring them into the house to brand and there was the cutest little calf probably only a couple of days old. I was kidding and asked my grandpa not to brand that one because it was too cute and little. He didn't. I'd like to think that he did it for me but I think he was just worried about it getting trampled in the trailer. Either way I put off the inevitable for the little guy at least until the spring. You're welcome little cow!

This was me apparently trying to get the calf to come and see me. Works for my dogs, not for this guy.

My beautiful mom and handsome grandpa.
*Side note... No I don't wear glasses. Those are my grandpa's and for any of my family they will know that they are the glasses without lenses. He handed them to me and told me to hold them for him because "he couldn't see a damn thing".
Love you gramps!

2 comments:

Bobbi Simkins said...

didn't know you were such a hick :) its ok i am too

Brownser said...

hey em! Its Jamie Brown. I love, love the pic with the little cow... come here little guy so funny! Well, I've been tryin to do the blog thing... obviously i need a lot of help. Hopefully it will come together soon... haha. But I can see how fun it can be... TJ Max run lately?