Not to toot my own horn or anything (toot toot) but I taught the best class ever this morning! I usually never really plan anything for my classes and rely on my creative prowess to come up with a couple of decent combos as I go, but for this morning I actually did some serious research and planning. I wanted to do something new and exciting and I have this really awesome aerobics CD with old school hip hop jams but the tempo is to fast to use for step or a strength class so I figured I would plan my class around the CD. So, every other day of the week the classes are set in stone; Monday - BOSU at 4:30, Abs/Muscle Works at 5:30, Yoga at 6:30 but the beautiful thing about Saturday class is that it's different every week so people don't really know what they are getting themselves into. I knew that if people knew that they would be doing MC Hammer, Vanilla Ice and Salt 'n Peppa moves, that they would all decide to sleep in instead so I told everyone that it would just be some kind of cardio class. I have a pretty good following in my classes and I couldn't wait to see these guys doing the MC Hammer shuffle. I actually lost a little sleep I was so excited about the whole thing. So I was totally expecting a few "walk outs", but as soon as I hit that play button and "2 Legit 2 Quit" came on everyone was in for the ride! It was a full hour of bad early 90's music video moves and totally freakin' awesome! I wish you all could have been there!

3 comments:
Sounds awesome! Wish I could have taken it. I haven't done anything besides ballet in a long time. I'm glad you found my blog. I haven't seen you in forever. What are you guys doing in Colorado?
I would of love to have been there to bust a move with my bestest friend! You rock! I am calling you right now!
lol i can only imagine this! that is exactly why i haven't dared enter the aerobics sections of the gym yet! but to watch that, i would even get up early on a sat morning
Post a Comment