Thursday, May 22, 2008

Storm Chasers???


Yesterday on my way to work there were about 5 of these trucks in the parking lot of a hotel. I knew they looked funky but I didn't really know what they were for. Well, turns out they are the storm chasers from the Discovery Channel and they were in Fort Morgan because we had perfect "tornado conditions" last night and today. FREAKY!!! I know it sounds weird to have tornadoes in Colorado but everything east of the Rockies, which is where we are, is practically on the plains. The weather here is crazy! It will snow 6 inches one day and the next day be 80 degrees, no joke. So obviously that drastic change in temperature is part of what cause tornadoes. We always have severe weather warnings this time of year but never bad enough to attract the storm chasers. Hopefully you don't see Fort Morgan on the news in the next couple of days!

6 comments:

MiCheLLe HeidEmaN said...

i'm really glad you just posted that.. i saw it on the news and had to google how far it was from fort morgan!!! glad you are ok;-)

Grandma Train (Jill) said...

I wish you were here enjoying the sunshine with Mom!

Ashley said...

I can not wait til my Emybear is here! You made my whole year!!!!!! Yay I get to see u in like 2 weeks. Zaida finally gets to meet her aunty! I love you!

Ashley said...

I can not wait til my Emybear is here! You made my whole year!!!!!! Yay I get to see u in like 2 weeks. Zaida finally gets to meet her aunty! I love you!

Linds said...

Hello...scary! I don't like freaky random weather things!

Annie said...

All I can say is that i am glad we don't have to worry about tornado watches anymore! We are glad it didn't make it out there.