Saturday, July 5, 2008

God Bless America!

For the 4th we were invited by Rick (one of T.J.'s coworkers and friends) to go to Dencia's parents house (one of my coworkers and friends) to hang out and set off some seriously illegal fireworks. The kicker is that Rick and Dencia are divorced. Kind of weird to get the invite from Rick to his ex in laws house right?!? So of course I'm a little weary because guys don't exactly get all the details and I'm sure that T.J. stopped really listening to all the facts after he heard "illegal fireworks". Well, it was such a blast! Fried chicken, scotcharoos and good company. That's what holidays are all about right? So I was excited for the fireworks but I had no idea how crazy these guys are when it comes to spending serious dough on these things. This firework show could seriously rival any local show in Colorado. I was so shocked that the sheriff (that's right, we're out in sheriff country) never came but I guess no ever calls to report them because all of their neighbors love that they get to watch. T.J. was in heaven because he is Mr. pyro himself but I was a little freaked out when one of the guys admitted that he needed a few more beers before he lit off some of the sets because it was a little too crazy to do sober... uhhhhh!!! The fireworks went on for almost an hour and everything went smoothly except for a few ground explosion scares, when I say scares I mean 10 - 20 seconds of complete silence and then finally one of the guys yelling, "we're okay", ahhhhh. Everyone made it out with all 10 fingers and all 10 toes so I guess you would call it a success.

How cute is this little pond?


They set up rows of fireworks along both sides of the dam so that they could light from both sides at the same time.




I didn't really get any great pictures of the fireworks but you get the idea.


9 comments:

Erica said...

Thank the heavens you made it out with your pigs and fingers! That could have turned into a seriously bad situation. I'm jealous of your fireworks show. It was better than the one here!. loves ya

jaesi said...

what a FUN time. It looks pretty there. I miss the west.

A said...

Looks like so much fun. It probably was better than anything in the city!

Bobbi Simkins said...

hey em! good to hear from you. it has been way too long. yah i just barely joined the blogging world. i finally gave in. i kinda felt like you had to have a kid or something. all we have are pets too. we've actually been trying for 2 1/2 years with no luck yet. maybe someday. anyways you look great! thanks for sayin hi!

MiCheLLe HeidEmaN said...

ok when you said tj was a pyro i almost died laughing! the idea of blue darts started going threw my mind and the first night ever going to his house when we were like 14 lol good to know his love of fire hasn't changed, its just directed in a different position

Ashley said...

How much fun?? K I just decided that, that picture of you and Tj is my Favorite! I love you!!

Chante said...

Sounds like so much fun! I'm glad all went well. There is nothing like having a little danger to bring some excitement in!

The Foisy's said...

Yeah, you've gotta love the illegals! The neighborhood Erik grew up in does illegals too, and seriously the cops do not care! It's crazy. We love it though cuz we get to watch. Way fun!!

David Vogelsberg said...

I'm going with TJ next year. You and Ashlee can wimp out together but I am blowing sh** up!